Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm so bad at this stuff!

I know I said I would be good at this blog thing but as you all can tell - I'm not.  I'm sorry yet again for not having posted anything since Christmas.  Life gets to going and time just gets away from me.  So I felt it was time to share what's been going on in our lives...

Missing Teeth - Katelyn has loss 2 teeth so far.  This is a picture of the missing first tooth.  She pulled it out herself (because mom doesn't do teeth) and then she started screaming!  The 2nd tooth, she twisted until it came out. There wasn't as much screaming as the first one.


Girl Scout Cookie Time!! - This was our first year selling girl scout cookies and boy was it a lot of work.  Thanks to the help of my sister Kerry, my mom, and my dad - Katelyn sold over 230 boxes of cookies.  As a troop we set up cookie booths at local stores to sell more.  She had a great time and was able to get her own tent and flashlight as her prize for selling so many cookies.

Sewing Projects - I have been loving my new sewing/embroidery machine.  Here are a few items I've made.





Rebecca and Joanna's birthday - March 28
Joanna loves Yo Gabba Gabba so that is the theme we went with this year.  Yes, I made the dress she is wearing.  That is her favorite character Brobbie, but we pronounce it "Robbie"!  She had a great time and we are so thankful for all of the family members that were able to come.  It is so great to celebrate this life that doctors said would not be here!!



The day wouldn't be complete without going to see our other little girl on her special day.  We let off 2 balloons this year and enjoyed our time there.  It's hard to explain the emotions I go through on their birthday.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  How I was rolled away from my husband without time to say goodbye and not knowing if I would ever see him again; seeing my girls for the first time; thinking after I was out of surgery and in recovery that I was going to die because I kept forgetting to breath and the O2 monitors kept going off (come to find out I had a little touch of pneumonia); and their birthday night having the doctors come into our room and telling us that Joanna's vent settings were maxed out and they only had one thing left to try.  Nobody was sure it would work but we needed to give consent for them to give our daughter a poisonous gas that could cause her to have brain bleeds but may help her breathe.  Then going to her bedside and giving her a name that night because I couldn't let my daughter die without a name.
All of these memories come flooding back on top of the grief I feel for my little girl who should be celebrating her birthday with us but isn't, and the joy that I feel for being able to raise Joanna.



Katelyn's sports!! - She keeps us busy that's for sure.  I always give the girls an option to sign up for things but once they start they can't quit until the season is over.  Then if they decide that wasn't for them that's fine and we know not to sign up for that again.  She loved cheerleading so I can safely say she was most likely going to do that one again.  
Spring Break - Brandon and I have decided that we are going to take our kids to every state before their 18.  So why not start BIG!  We took them to California this year.  I can say that this is the first vacation that I actually wanted to come back home before it was over.  Don't get me wrong, we had a great time but it was too much to take three kids across the county.  And to make matters worse, we were flying out on Friday evening and Kenlee wakes up Thursday night/Friday morning puking!!  Flights went well for the most part, and nobody else got sick and Kenlee didn't puke again.  We went to Muir Woods, Disney a couple days, drove around LA, spent a few days in San Diego and traveled around a rainy San Franscisco.  Here are some pictures from the trip.















Easter - Joanna had a blast at Easter this year.  It was so fun to watch her!  I also made Alexis's dress in the picture below - so easy, can't wait to make one for me!!



Daddy/Daughter Girl Scout Prom - Katelyn asked her Daddy to go to the prom with her.  They went out for supper beforehand and then danced the night away.  They had a great time.  I still remember when I went to the Girl Scout Prom with my dad!  She will never forget this night with her Daddy.

Ok so I'm not going to promise anything but I will try and update more often than I do now.  Thanks for reading!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess! You are such a beautiful person and your family is absolutely picture perfect. Your words about Rebecca and Joanna are so touching to read. Love seeing all the pictures and taking them to all the states before they're 18 is such a fun goal and I can't wait to see pictures from your adventures. Thanks for sharing!
    Natalie Nix

    ReplyDelete