Monday, May 9, 2011

This weekend - **NEW**

Saturday I went to Cincinnati to see April and Matt.  They are a couple Brandon and I met when we spoke at the Right to Life banquet a month or so back.  I am so grateful they came up and introduced themselves to us that night because we share so many things that most families do not have to experience.  I can only explain it as a God thing.  We had a great time on Saturday.  We talked the entire time (imagine that!).  I loved getting to know them and know that we will be friends forever.  I have their blog attached to ours - please take a look and pray for their family as Ellie will be entering the world on May 23!!!

Mother's Day was very emotional for me - more than Rebecca's and Joanna's birthday.  I remember last Mother's Day I went to Rebecca's hospital and the NICU staff gave all mothers a red rose.  Joanna's hospital gave me a tag blanket that a nurse had made.  Each year on Mother's Day we will take Rebecca a red rose so as to never forget my first and only Mother's Day with her.  

I have been reading along with our blog from last year on the same days we posted them.  It so hard for me to know now that a year ago Rebecca was already slipping away from me and I didn't know it.     What I wouldn't have done differently if I knew I would only have a month left.  I have been struggling with anger against the hospital.  How could they not have known something was wrong.  A sign of heart failure is fluid retention - she was a 3lb baby who passed away at around 8lbs.  Are you telling me they didn't have a clue that she was going into heart failure.  When I brought it to their attention that she was beginning to gain weight or fluid around her neck the only thing they thought about was a tumor, which they couldn't find.  Not once did they talk about a cardiac issue that may be causing this.  **NEW** Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love the hospital and the staff who took care of her.  They gave me 74 days with her and I am so grateful for that. **  I know that things happened for a reason that is unknown to me but as a mom, you can't help the thoughts and emotions you experience.  Your child should never die before you.  A mother should never have to bury her child.  It's just not fair.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Jess and will continue to pray for you and your emotions. I know the next few months will be hard. Call me anytime.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to go Jess, I will continue to pray for you guys. I just cant imagine! Thank you for being so open and always being ready to jump in and help others. You are an amazing women!!!
    Love ya and praying!

    Kimberly Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are are wonderful woman and mother. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I will be happy to listen to you anytime!
    Jamie Woebkenberg

    ReplyDelete