Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mom's Update

Hey everyone, it's mom's time to update!!

First of all, thank you for ALL the prayers. You have no idea what comfort it has provided us.
Secondly, I am doing well. I know Brandon has been the blogger through all of this and has reported that mom is good but I know some wanted to hear it from me.

Up until today it was a strain to talk. My chest was very heavy feeling and it just took a lot to get words out. I have staples down my belly about 6 inches long. It looks a lot worse than it feels - only having to take pain meds every 4 hours. I am able to get out of bed on my own now and sit up for an extended periods of time. I have a lot more energy today and feel like I am on the road to recovery.

I got to go over and see Rebecca at Children's. This was the first time I had seen her since her birthday, and at that time it was right after surgery for about 10 min. She was beautiful. I will visit Joanna this evening after supper. I have been able to visit Joanna a few times each day as she is just down the hall from my room. Visits are very emotional. As they lay there so sick and helpless my heart aches to hold them. But I find comfort in knowing they are being held by someone greater than me. Brandon will send an update out tonight about how both have done today.

Brandon has been great! All that we are going through along with my hormones going crazy have caused me to have some breakdowns. No matter what I've said before, he is a wonderful husband!!

Plan is to be discharged from the hospital on Thursday. I am trying to get my milk to come in so until it does I will be staying up here in a hotel. Girls will hopefully be getting milk in a few days. They will start them off with very small amounts so once I get a supply I will be able to leave milk here and head back to Eville. Not sure how things will go after that. Plans will be made probably on a daily basis.

Again, thanks for all of the prayers - you have no idea what that means to us. I love reading the comments you are posting. It allows me to feel connected to our friends and family and not so alone during this scary time. Love you all.

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you, we love the blog it is such a great way to communicate. We are thinking of you all the time and all of you are in our prayers. If we can do anything for you please let us know. Praying and keeping the faith .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, it is so good to hear from you! I have been so worried about you, and praying that you are holding up okay. You have been so strong through all of this and have had such unbelievable faith. You are such an inspiration. I just don't know that I could be so strong. I can't wait for the day that you get to snuggle those beautiful babies! Sending you lots of love and prayers! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I know how sore you are with the c-section, but each day gets better as you can tell. My heart breaks for you and Brandon, I get tears in my eyes each day I read an update. But as I have told Brandon, God always has a plan and will never give more than you can handle. We pray for you daily and I can't wait to hold your beautiful girls. We love you guys.......Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon and Jessica,We are friends with Bryan and Ashley and have come to know your story through them. We just want you to know that we are praying that God will make your beautiful girls stronger with each passing day. Your family is in our thoughts and we hope that you are finding comfort through this situation. God bless, Ryne and Sheri Thomason

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to hear from you Jessica! You are a strong momma, and all of those beautiful girls are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. We are thinking of you guys daily and praying, praying, praying! Austin even prayed for the babies last night before going to bed. He prayed, "God, please make those new little babies strong!" Even a little 3 year old knows that God is in control of every situation, and He will take care of all of you! We love you guys!

    Jerod, Rachel, Austin, & Grahm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jessi,
    Just wanted to let you know you have friends in Arizona praying for you and your precious little girls.
    God bless,
    Sandy (Dave's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do I believe in the power of God but also in the power in booby juice. Make sure your milk man delivers on time. lol I love you all and will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried this once, but it doesn't look like it worked. So I apologize if this is a duplicate.

    We all check the blog first thing each morning and definitely appreciate the info. Kelly Wicks also checks it daily, but cannot leave a comment from her computer, so she has asked me to let you know that both her and Mark are praying for your family and she has added the twins to the prayer list at Holy Name. This will now add thousands of more prayers for Joanna and Rebecca! You look amazing so soon after such an ordeal and we are all impressed with how good the girls' look as well! Hang in there--we are all praying and holding down the fort here. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything, no matter how big or small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear from you Jessica. Can't stop thinking about you and your family. As a mother, my heart aches for what you are experiencing. Thinking and praying for you and your family. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete