Friday, June 25, 2010

30 Stinks!!

Hello again...I have been without a computer this week so it is very good to write to you again. 

Thank you to everyone who sent me a text or called me on my birthday.  It was so nice to hear from all of you.  I feel like I should give you an explanation as to why I did not respond to the birthday wishes (this may be a little too much information for the males).  Around 7pm on Wednesday (23rd) I all of a sudden felt very sick.  I had a breast infection!!  First time I have ever experienced anything like this before.  I went that night to get some antibiotics.  I felt like I had the flu, fever and all.  Unlike when you have the flu and you get to sleep it off - breast infections are not the same.  The only way to get the infection out is to pump/feed like it is your job.  I slept in between my 2-2.5 hour pumping schedule Wednesday night and ALL DAY on my birthday.  Needless to say the plans that my husband had outlined for you in a earlier post did not happen.  So I tell you this so you know that I do appreciate the birthday wishes and I'm sorry I didn't respond back.

I will say that the most upsetting thing about this infection was that I had to throw my milk out that I had pumped which was about 16 bottles!!!  If I had marked which side they came from I could have kept half of them but since I didn't know to do that I had to toss them.  I will be able to keep both bottles of milk after tonight.

On a better note I woke up this morning drenched in sweat (broke the fever) and feeling ok.  My mom came up last night and stayed with me so we went to see Joanna.  I was able to spend the day with her.  I came back to the room to do laundry and get ready to have an exciting weekend.  I have some friends from Eville/Henderson coming up tomorrow to have a girls weekend.  I am soooooooooooo(12 o's for you Alexis) excited.  I need some girl time.

Joanna ate 75% of her feeds by mouth yesterday!!  When she gets up to 85% they will take the feeding tube out and see how she does with eating the amount she wants to eat.  If she continues to gain weight well then they know she is getting enough for her.

I have been having some emotional days and thinking about how I would have liked things to have been.  I know our ways are not His and that is the hardest thing to accept.  I was really numb to it all during the time I was home for the services but it's much different being up here and having to pass by Children's Hospital everyday to go to see Joanna.  Please continue praying for our family as this is going to be a long road for us.     

6 comments:

  1. Wishing all the best for your family as you continue through this difficult time. (Brisbane, Australia).

    PS: Hope the infection is all cleared, that sounds really terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess - I continue to pray for you, Brandon, and the girls and know will see you through. Happy belated Birthday and take care, Love Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you had to cancel your birthday plans, but I hope you are feeling better. We are praying for you daily that all of you continue to gain strength. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH GIRL....I am so sorry you had to experience that infection. I nursed Austin for 13 months and never had an issue. Grahm is almost 12 months and I am still nursing, but back when he was about 6 months old I got a touch of Mastitis. Luckily, I popped a few Ibuprofen right when it came on so it only lasted about a day and a half and I didn't have to take any other drugs for some reason.....HOWEVER, your whole body hurts and you feel like you have been hit by a truck!! :) It hurt for me to just stand up.....I just moaned the whole time. I am SO glad you are better. I know you felt even more sick when you had to dump those bottles....it is precious liquid, isn't it?? Have fun with your friends! We are still praying daily for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I wish that I could have came up to see you with the other girls, but I was doing a fundraiser that I had already said I would attend. Hope you have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Alexis and I just wanted to say one day when me and grandma chris were on our way to BMV we were talking about how we all miss Rebecca sooooooooooo(my 12 o's) much the song Our God came on(Rebecca's song) and grandma said that is like she is talking to us and god is also. Today I was inside at grandma's and her song came on Our God then Jesus Bring the Rain was on and it was so amazing I wish grandma could have heard that. Love you mom and dad.
    -ALexis

    ReplyDelete