Thursday, June 10, 2010

Still Fighting

Things here for Rebecca overall have been at the same place really since Monday. A couple of changes that have happened are her blood gases have continued to worsen requiring her ventilator settings to be set to the maximum possible settings without damaging her lungs. The other thing is her lactate has gradually risen back from 4 to over 13 now. The good news is that her dialysis has been working well for a second day now and they increased her fill amount which is now taking off more fluid each time. It is now a race to get fluid off before it takes us further down. The problem is we are many laps down. If we start to get enough fluid off it should make it easier to ventilate her therefore reducing the settings. It actually affects everything that she is struggling with. Her glucose now seems to be under control with her insulin drip.

Two weeks ago when I came here for her procedure I had no idea that at the end of my vacation I would still be in a place that I would be faced with having to go back to work with everything still so uncertain. I must face that tonight as I have to be back to work tomorrow.

Our little Joanna is doing wonderful. Jessica just got back here from feeding her with her first bottle and she took it perfectly. She tried breastfeeding yesterday and it went pretty good also. It will take some time but she has started out great.

We have to say thank you again for all of the comments and emails that have been passed along during this. Honestly, when we feel weak and beat down, they fill us back up for our next challenge.

An update on the BBQ Sale....There is a Kentucky Distribution Site being planned for those in and around Henderson to pick their orders up in Henderson. Location and other details will be posted later. Click here for the original BBQ sale post http://barnardkids.blogspot.com/2010/05/thankfulness.html

6 comments:

  1. We are praying for Rebecca, Joanna and you guys. There are also alot of people at New Beginnings church praying for you too. Our love and prayers go out to you guys and your sweet baby girls!

    ~ Abbey & Josh Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there for Joanna's first bottle! I bet she loved it. I will be thinking of you guys when I am gone and can't wait to see the progress she has made when I get back.
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to come up and see Rebecca tomorrow, I work 7am to 7pm. I'll just walk up and see if Jessica is up there, if it's a bad time send me away! Thanks for updating the blog, I know it takes a lot of time, but we all appreciate the time you take to do it. I'm so happy that Joanna likes the bottle! Keep whispering all kinds of positive thoughts into sweet Rebecca's ears! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon & Jessica, You both amaze us, I know the Lord is working miracles in all situations. The song I have been singing over and over is. In the Presence of Jehovah, God Almighty, King of Kings. Troubles vanish, Hearts are mended, in the presence of the King. I hope you know this song. We are praying for you always, and for your precious little girls. We Love You so much. Bob & Carole and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strength through this horrible ordeal amazes me. My family and I are praying for you two and Rebecca. Love from Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was linked to your blog and just felt I wanted to say that I hope you feel the support of people around the world whose hearts connect to yours as you grieve the loss of your little one. I hope in those moments alone as you grieve such a great loss you feel the deep sense of connection with humanity and with God.
    (from Australia)

    ReplyDelete