Monday, May 17, 2010

Thankfulness

It's hard to find the words to express my feelings when it comes to accepting favors and gifts during all of this. There have been several times where Jessica and I just weep in response to the goodness that God undeservingly gives us. I actually become more emotional about the good than the bad. I would say we deal fairly well with the anxiety, fear, frustration and even sometimes anger. When it comes to the other end of emotions - joy, gratefulness, appreciation, it's a bit overwhelming sometimes. The support during something like this is really the backbone of the entire situation. It is delivered in obvious and tangible ways and in ways that we may never see or know about. We just know that each day there are people that genuinely care. It is ultimately faith that carries us though. Just before getting that call from Jessica on my way home early Saturday morning I was listening to K-LOVE and they read this scripture. I'm sure I received and processed the news differently than I would have if I hadn't just heard this. How do parents receive news that their 7 week old girl just had to have chest compressions and be intubated for the 5th time and not completely fall apart. I'm here to tell you it's not without this faith.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

 "Thank You" seems so petty to say to some of these things. When we say "Thank You" to God every day, we wish there were some other words that meant Thank You but to another degree. Until then, we will continue to say "Thank You" and mean it from the depths of our hearts. 

We have so many people that have done so much for us and continue to give and ask to help. Here is another example of that where my brothers from my other family have organized a BBQ sale. 


2 comments:

  1. This scripture has become one of my favorites the last few weeks. It's actually on a post-it note stuck on the front of my computer so I see it all day long! It was great visiting with you both and meeting your little angels. They certainly have a great story they can tell their whole lives, about a God who never leaves or forsakes you. We pray this week brings an abundance of good things/good news for you and the girls. God has you all very close to His heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome Bible verse...very comforting! I got chills when I read the word "home" in Joanna's update. What an Awesome God we have! I pray that she continues to improve and the word "home" becomes a reality. I also pray that Rebecca gets rid of the infection soon. The BBQ benefit is an awesome idea! What great co-workers and friends you have!! Since we are in TN we will be donating to the credit union on your little angels behalf. We would be honored to help out in any little way. I pray you have a very positive week!!!

    ReplyDelete