Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Almost 30 - Almost 3 months

There isn't a whole lot new going on the last few days. Since I came back to work this week Jessica has had some lonely time there by herself but that was helped by a visit by her friend Jessica Sunday-Monday. For her birthday Thursday, she is going to have all kinds of fun. Some of her friends are going to spend the day with her and then she is supposed to be going out with some of Rebecca's nurses that night. Her mom is planning on spending the day with her Friday and she has a weekend planned for some fun also. I will be spending the day with Joanna Saturday while mom gets to hang out for a much deserved break. Joanna continues to take her bottles a little more every day. She took every feed by bottle Monday night. She was wore out from it on Tuesday but was still remarkable. The girls here in Evansville went with my mom today to have a McDonalds picnic with Rebecca. Katelyn is asking some questions and showing some emotions but seemed to be better when she was reminded that Rebecca is in Heaven with her frog Dora that died a few weeks ago. Last week Jessica gave her notice to Methodist Hospital that she would not be returning. This really came down to a last minute decision but since Joanna wasn't ready to come home yet and she wanted to actually spend some time home with her there was no way for her to return when her leave had expired. She is going to take a few months off then look for something part time. I know part of this was a difficult decision because of the love she has for the people she works with and the hospital. They have done so much for us through all of this including taking care of our girls, sending gifts, having fundraisers, dedicated prayer vigil, continuous encouragement and prayer, and just being genuinely good people. Those of you that worked closely with her know her heart so I don't have to go on.

5 comments:

  1. This may be a duplicate comment - I can't tell. I just wanted to tell you that we miss you at work and think of you all of the time - our saying is "What would Jessica do" when confronted with issues! Stay home with your children this summer - you made the right choice. I wonder how old Joanna has to be to go swimming??? Love you - Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that I am going to miss you here at work. Through everything that you have had to deal with you have showed so much dedication to this hospital. I am so glad that you are able to stay home with the girls! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica...
    Our Methodist connection has been great over the years...I will miss seeing you in the halls and taking little treats to you on the holidays in HR...but rest assured you made the right decision. Spending time with Joanna is vitally important right now. You two will need some well deserved bonding time at home once she is discharged. It sounds like those days will be just around the corner. Can't wait to see you on your birthday! XOXO Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica
    We will miss you but you need to be with your family. We should get together after Joanna comes home. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have followed your story for quite some time as i heard about your situation through a friend of yours Janel Dennis. Your story has given me stregth as i am now fighting a battle of time with my twins. I have been in the hospital for close to 6 weeks and I am now nearing 28 weeks gestation. Our situation was increadibky grim that first day and I was told I would probably deliver that night and my babies would not live more than a few minutes. At that time i gave all faith and trust in our God and knew he had a plan whether it be to bring them home to Him or bless us with the chance to see them grow. Each day has been a blessing and driven me closer to Him each day. I wanted to thank you for sharing your story and strengh and pray for Joanna and your family. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete