Tuesday, July 13, 2010

< 24 hours

That's how long it will be before Joanna is FINALLY at home in her own house. The anticipation is building and all of the last minute details are being worked out. Scheduling follow up appointments, getting CPR trained, packing everything and cleaning the room at RMH. All of that was on Jessica's end. I have been working on finishing Kenlee's new room and moving her into it, and getting all of the baby clothes, swing, vibrating chair and other essentials out of the attic. You're right, why are we just now doing that? I really don't know, I guess we just wanted to enjoy that extra square feet in our house as long as possible. In 5 years, we have gone from just me, Jessica and Alexis in our house to now 3 additional little princesses and they all came with a little more stuff. The thought of moving now makes me cringe. No, we are not moving anytime soon. We can't wait to have everyone together and make home "home" again. My sister is awesome and she is going to ride with me in the morning over to Cincinnati and come back by herself so I can drive Jessica and Joanna home. It will be 109 days that she spent in UC NICU and she's coming home on Kenlee's birthday which is special other than we won't get to spend it with Kenlee. Between me and Jessica, nearly 40 trips to and from Cincinnati, I had been there about 4 times in my life before March. Jessica and I both have mentioned there is a part of it that we will miss. I guess when you do something for so long, no matter what it is, you become used to it. So when you leave it, there is an adjustment to have to make without it. I don't expect any problems, although there are some people we will miss, like the ones we've missed from Children's this past month - you know who you are! Pod D will forever be special to us and we will look forward to taking Joanna back to visit periodically.

Check out Joanna's pictures she had taken today Here

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Joanna finally gets to come home. I am sure it is a bitter sweet moment for everyone. May God give you all strength and peace to move ahead on life's journey. Love you all! (Joanna's pictures are precious! What a sweet little face!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her little cleft chin gets me every time! All of my kids have it, and so do Mike and I...needless to say those little chins are my fave! She'd fit in just fine at our house! : )

    Safe travels with your precious cargo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you guys finally get to have your family together at home!! I can't imagine what this day feels like for you guys! Praying that all goes well and you have a safe trip home. I can't wait to cuddle that precious baby girl! Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! Can't WAIT to see you all!
    love, em

    ReplyDelete