Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Great Welcome


Joanna's Homecoming from Chris Weatherly on Vimeo.

We made it home at 7:00 last night and the trip went amazingly well. We only had to stop once to feed her and she was peaceful the entire trip. The first night also went very well. We, yes we, were only up a couple of times throughout the night and she hardly cried at all. Unless we were just so tired we slept through it with her in our room. Kenlee spent her first night in her new toddler bed in her new bedroom. That was a bit of a problem, but as long as I was lying on the floor beside her, she was cool with it. That has become the routine even in her crib so the new bed wasn't the issue. The most stressful time so far was after everyone left and we were trying to get her milk mixed up for the night feedings. As much as we thought we were prepared to do this by ourselves, there were a couple of small details left unclear. They weren't critical, there are just a bunch of little details with medication, timing, planning, thawing and so on that were always done for us. I have no doubt in a couple days Jessica will have it running like a well oiled machine. There is a pattern of Jessica asking my opinion of something then telling me we aren't doing it that way. With the news of meals coming, that definitely will eliminate a ton of stress. So thank you in advance for helping in that way. After today, I will have a few days off work so we can all enjoy our first real time together. We once again want to tell the nurses, especially Lindsay, thank you for all of the time that you spent with Joanna and that we will miss you.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful video. She is gorgeous!! I loved when Brandon was holding Joanna with Katelyn and Kenlee next to him. So glad this journey has brought you to this place of excitement. Continuing to pray for you guys. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great video~ so happy you guys are home~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video guy is awesome! What a wonderful gift. K & K are so stinkin big, I can't believe it. And Joanna is as precious as they come. Very happy for you all.

    I MUST photograph that child! Don't make me have to invite myself over, because I will! That's the kind of girl I am! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, It's been almost a week. We need new Joanna pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So today was the first day I worked without seeing Joanna's beautiful face. I missed her so much, I had no one to snuggle with. I am so happy that she is home and doing well. Please keep in touch and send pictures :) I miss you guys!
    Love, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete