Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome Home Celebration

We are having a come and go welcome home celebration for Joanna on Sunday, August 8 anytime between 2 pm and 5pm at our house. Anyone wanting to drop in to see Joanna is welcome, we'll provide the hand sanitizer. If you need directions, just email us at barnardtwins@gmail.com.

She went for her checkups Thursday, one at her pediatrician here in Evansville and another at the High Risk Clinic in Cincinnati. Since I had to work, our friend Emily offered to go with Jessica to Cincy. Jessica said the trip was a complete waste of time. The only news from the day was that she only gained 6 oz. in the 14 days and they want her to gain about an ounce a day so they are keeping her night feeds on the pump the same for a while longer and actually increased them just a bit. She just need to start eating during the day a little better from the bottle or mom. Other than that, she is being a pretty good little girl. Our other little ones are making up for her with their behavior. Jessica is doing awesome as a stay at home mom, somehow not losing her mind with them while I'm at work. Katelyn's swimming lessons have been going ok. The first day went great until the end when they let her go down the slide by herself and she got all turned around and went under. She was not happy. The next day I took her and she was not interested in being there at all. With much bribery and threatening, she eventually did as little as possible to keep from having to go to the truck with me. Thursday, Grandma took her and she went off the diving board by herself that day, go figure. We'll see how next week goes. Kenlee is struggling with the potty thing still, sometimes taking her diaper off after she has gone..... not good. Other times she does exactly like she is supposed to. We know it's a learning process so we just need patience. Alexis is in her final couple of weeks of summer break before going to middle school. She's not looking forward to getting up early again.


Click to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed the party yesterday. I have been sick, and even though I am almost over it I didn't want to take the chance of getting the baby sick, or any of you all sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad,

    The night before the party i was rocking joanna and Rebecca's song came on and then i started to cry and think of her while i was holding joanna. I looked at joanna and she looked at me and I said it's ok baby girl sissy has you and she smiled at me.A couple songs after that Joanna's song came on and she was still awake so I sang that's what faith can do to her and after that she fell asleep and I thought what else can I hold that is such a miracle. I love all my sisters soooooooooooo(my 12 o's) much....

    ReplyDelete