Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another Good Day

The girls had a good day today. Rebecca's blood pressure has gotten much better since yesterday. They are trying to figure out what settings her vent needs to be set on to level out her O2. Joanna is doing very well on the CPAP. It looks very uncomfortable but I know it is better than the vent. I just hate not being able to see her beautiful face. When the resident called this morning with an update on Joanna she said she was "stable". That is the first time they have said that. They usually let us know that she is doing well but is still "critical". It was really good to hear that.
I am able to participate in their care at each assessment - diaper changes, oral care, and feedings. While they are doing more intense assessments I do various techniques that the OT taught me to make the process less stressful for them. I know its little, but helping with their care lets me feel like I am taking care of my babies.
The Ryan's and Wade's came up this afternoon to visit. They took me out to eat non-hospital food for supper. When we got to the restaurant there was over an hour wait. With my pumping schedule I was not going to be able to wait the hour. Emily told the hostess that I had just had twins who are still in the NICU and I need to get back to the hospital to pump so could they do anything to move us up on the list. Needless to say we got a table after only waiting 30 minutes and I was back in time to pump.
Thanks for all of the continued prayers! God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, Glad you got to get away even if just a little while. We are all thinking of you daily, and I really appreciate the blog, it allows us to keep up to date on their progress. I am really impressed with Joanna to be on cpap so quickly, you were so right when you said she just really wanted to be born. May God continue to bless them both, and all of your family. Please let us know if we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete