Friday, April 2, 2010

Wondrous Blessings

Jessica posted a blog also before this one.....She wanted me to update on the rest. Actually, it ended up being a combined effort toward the end.

I don't know where to start after a day like today. First of all, I thank God for the continued healing and improvement of Joanna and Rebecca. They are both doing exceptionally well this past day or so. Second, I thank God for the Doctors and support staff that have touched and continue to touch our lives. Third, I thank God for friends that are as good as we have. And Fourth, I recall a message from Pastor Bret a few weeks ago and thank God for the people that plant trees that we can sit in the shade of.

Joanna had her Nitric Oxide removed today and she received a feeding tube and is now taking mom's milk through it, although a very tiny amount. When we went to see Rebecca today, we were given a plastic bag with her hair from her first haircut. This is one small example of how the people that are caring for our girls go the extra mile and do things that are beyond their job description. They are ALL special in our hearts. It's Dr. Kelly though that we will never forget. What Jessica didn't mention, is that Dr. Kelly more than likely saved all three of their lives rather than just the babies'. More than one person that has heard the story has told me that we probably don't realize how close we were to losing mom and both girls. Let me tell you, that gets your attention. Jessica talked about miracles. There are a million scenarios I could come up with that would have put Jessica out of reach of medical care when that placenta detached.

Today was a testimony to the meaning of a life group. We had several friends visit that either are or were in our life group at some time. Not only did they spend their entire day travelling and visiting with us. They brought tons of gifts for the girls and us. As the Foreman's were leaving, we both were just about overcome with everything that the day had given us. When we finally got settled in for the night we began to open them as tears of joy and appreciation began to overflow. One gift after another, just reassured us that no matter what we will go through we have tons of people going through it with us. Also, the people of Methodist Hospital sent some gifts.

-Jessica's note-
Methodist Hospital Family - thank you so much for everything you sent up. It was what topped the night off yesterday. You have no idea how much reading the cards and opening the gifts meant to us. I love each one of you and am so blessed to work with such a wonderful group of people. I miss you all terribly.

Someone long before us realized a need for a place for families to stay while receiving medical care away from home. Therefore, we have shade from that tree they planted. We are staying at the Ronald McDonald House right next to Children's Hospital. You would not believe all of the things that this house provides. After Brandon got the tour, he came back into the room and said he was getting our kids together and relocating up here while the twins were here. Probably not possible, but would be awesome. It is like a resort for the kids. They have crafts each day, ice cream socials, a huge playground, movies, everything you could ask for. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner served but if you don't make it down for them, they have a fridge that is labeled leftovers. You can come and get as much food as you want. There is a fridge with milk and eggs and a pantry filled with food items you can prepare if you like. Laundry is available for 50 cents, there are movies you can rent, a courtyard to enjoy the weather and try to forget about your troubles. There are only two paid staff members here and the rest are volunteers. Life Group - I have an idea of our "outside the church walls" volunteer project!! Our family will be forever touched by this place.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! I am smiling and crying as I have read the past two blogs. Praise God for his magnificent work! I am so glad you all are comfortable at the R.M. house...that is wonderful that it is there for you all. I pray that God will continue to strengthen those precious babies, and will continue to provide comfort and Angels all around you. Love you all!!!

    Jerod & Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above post of the smiling and crying. I was doing the same thing as I read the blog to Nick. I also love the outreach project idea, especially since we now have a Ronald McDonald house in E'ville. I loved being able to visit with you and see how wonderful the newest members of your family are doing. I would do the drive again in a heartbest to be with my christian brothers and sisters. I can't wait to see how these little girls grow and develop. Miss you already. I will continue all of those prayers and look forward to seeing you again soon.

    The Wades

    ReplyDelete