Friday, April 9, 2010

Growing Girls

The girls are still in a race. Joanna is now at 2# and Rebecca is at 3#. Joanna is eating 11 ml every 2 hours and Rebecca 12 ml every 3 hours. Rebecca had to have her IV removed and replaced today because it was bad. Today the cardiologists thought it would be best for Rebecca to receive another blood transfusion to help with her weight gain and blood pressure.

Yesterday was mostly negative because I knew I would be leaving. It was very difficult to walk away from their beds knowing I wouldn't see them for 6 days. All we have known for the last 12 days was going hospital to hospital sitting with them. Yesterday morning when Jessica and I was waiting for the elevator I told her it seemed like we worked there. Mom got there around 2:00 then I headed home around 3:30. The reason I was leaving was to return to work today. However, last night after putting Katelyn and Kenlee to bed my stomach became very upset. I didn't know you could get Montezuma's revenge from traveling to Ohio. It reminded me exactly of the experience of preparing for a colonoscopy. So, I had to call in sick and have spent the entire day in bed (and bathroom). I think I am starting to feel a bit better, partly with help from the Gatorade my good friend Drew brought me. Hopefully I wake up feeling better so I can spend the day with my girls here in Eville.

So, Jessica and my mom made it through their first day with no problems. Also, both sets of my grandparents visited today. Rebecca and Joanna were very glad to see them. Jessica and my grandpa Lowell got to hear Joanna cry for the first time. She was unable to with the breathing tube in her mouth but now will be learning to do that more often. I hope someone slaps me if I ever get upset with them crying. Rebecca is to get another echocardiogram either tomorrow or Sunday to see if anything has changed since Thursday. Joanna's breathing seems to be doing very well on the CPAP.

Thank you for the positive and reassuring comments, emails and messages. It helps when we start to feel weak.

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful I was able to quit my job and be a part of this experience. These babies are so precious and I love it when they try so hard to open their little eyes and look up at us but then decide it's just not worth the effort. I love Rebecca's expressions and how it looks as though she is talking as she raises her eyebrows. It has been amazing watching God at work in their lives and the miracles he continues to perform on both of them. I can't wait to hold these precious little angels. Sunday will be 3 days that I have been here and it is going to be hard to leave. I am so proud of the both of you for your strength and faith in God through all of this...I know it hasn't been easy. I hate it you aren't feeling well, hopefully you will feel better tomorrow. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are praying for you all. if you need anything while you are in town...just let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica! I have been thinking about you and your family everyday and saying lots of prayers for you all. I was glad to find out about this blogspot. I will check on you everyday! Sounds like the girls are strong fighters and I am so glad to hear their progress! This shows how amazing God really is and how powerful prayers are! I wish you and and your girls the best of luck and I pray that they continue to progress! They are precious little angels! Stay positive and keep your head high! I am amazed by your husbands dedication to this blogspot! I am so glad to be able to hear how things are going. Glad you got to enjoy time with your other 2 girls too! That sure makes Mommy and Daddy feel better I bet!
    Lots of prayers,

    Kara Hagan

    ReplyDelete